Ok, I am working in a ship. Everybody in Brasil thinks that, to work in a ship is the same thing that to take part in a Student Exchange Program... hahahaha, super nice life, one day in Monte Carlo, the other in Cannes, the other in Livorno, the other in Corfu and whatsoever. To work in a ship is fucking hard. It doesn't matter if it is a 5000 guest-ship or if it is a 650-guest ship. In this environment, you have to deal with guests from different nationalities and realities and with crew members from all around the world.
Onboard the Insignia, where I am working as a Second Purser, life is not different. The ship is small and the job is not hard at all. Guests are all the same, most of them, americans and canadians. The challenges they bring are the same kind from the other companies I have worked with. Nothing that scares someone who spent the whole life working in the Hospitality Management.
The itinerary of the ship is beautiful. Since I came onboard, I had been in Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, Spain... now, I am going all the way to Venice... and I will stop in Montenegro and Croatia... and then I will spent 14 days of dry-dock in beautiful Genova and them, head south to Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, Antartica, Chile...
While I still don't have my own cabin, I am sharing a room with a girl from Denmark. She is a nice girl but a little bit too messy. The cabin is always a chaos. There are clothes everywhere, shoes all over the room. The amount of shampoos and body lotions she has is higher than a whole section of creams in a supermarket.
But these are small problems. My biggest problem is to be far from my husband. I don't want to work in ships forever. If I have him in the same ship with me, I might be able to face this for some more time. But, alone, far from him, I don't feel like doing it! Worst of all, I think that, because I love him so much, he would be proud of me and happy about my feelings. Wonder if he is...?
My heart is a mess. I feel sad most of the time. I don't think Italy is beautiful, Greece is nice, France is superb. Nothing is nice if you feel all the things I am feeling now. I wish people could understand that life without the one we love close by, can be really sad.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário